Those of you who are Covenant alumni might be interesting in checking out this blog discussion. It's a lengthy post and ensuing discussion about the pending visit of the Soulforce Equality Ride to Covenant College. Comments range from insightful to disturbing to provocative to amusing.
The discussion itself serves as a sort of answer to one student's statement in response: "I'm worried that the Covenant community isn't going to receive them with the kind of love that should be shown." There will be a gamut of responses to the group's visit, and it is difficult to know which kinds of responses will be seen, heard, felt, remembered and declared.
Others of you may wish to congratulate me on finally learning the keyboard commands for writing hot links on my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
see, you're not as much of a blogging Luddite as you'd feared! ;)
interesting issue.
I say, Let them come.
Why be afraid of different perspectives? Do I agree with them? No. Should Christians understand issues relating to homosexuality better than we do? Absolutely.
welcome to the blog world!
ok. way to be a hot linker, schnik. another interesting stream is the one on scots.alumni - worth skimming, if you have a few minutes.
For a single woman living in small town central Iowa, your posts seem to have a lot of discussion of sex and sexuality.
I suppose instead of snide comments I should appreciate mature dialogue.
Yes, Doty. We don't all get to experience sweet happy things like mission trips and snow days.
What do you mean by "sweet happy things"?
Are you making the analogy that sex in marriage is like snow days?
it would be an accurate analogy: unpredictable and far too infrequent!
ZING!
SISTER!! Dad just sent me the link to your blog... I had lost it a while ago. Anyway... As you know, Soulforce came yesterday. I didn't get a chance to talk to them due to a huge test, but saw them at the foot of the front driveway. I have heard that they were really struck with the welcoming attitude Covenant had (ironic considering we didn't allow them on campus). Many students went down and talked to them and even joined them for coffee downtown in the afternoon. I am dissapointed that I didn't get to talk to them, but I think it was a success!
Well, I love you so much and CAN'T WAIT to live with you at home this summer. I feel as though we will have some great times together!
Love you,
Katie
Post a Comment