Ms Ellis,
I hope all is well and, with the new school year just under way, I hope you have a wonderful class. I know you had told me last year that you were then teaching Freshmen, but I just watched a documentary that reminded me of when I read The Jungle in your class Junior year. This documentary is called "Tapped" with the website http://www. tappedthemovie.com . If this seems to be coming off as a sales pitch so far, I apologize; from here on out, in my life, I do not want to regret a lack of action.
My reasons for such a enthusiastic response to this documentary stem from the love of water that my dad instilled in me from when I was barely big enough to ride on his 21' boat in the bay. Among the many amazing details he shared with me as a kid was the one fact that from behind home, which is on the Church creek that leads to the South river and then to the bay, I can travel to about anywhere in the world. Today I hope to study much of the marine wildlife alongside Landscape Architecture here at WVU so that I may be able to come home and help plan a healthy future for the Chesapeake.
I know that the school, or more so time, may not allow you to show anything from the website or the documentary to your students. Basically this is about how the bottled water industry is barely regulated, leading to the consumption of numerous harmful toxins by millions of individuals, as well as how the mass production of plastics leads to the enormous pollution in what my dad taught me to love. Just like the meat factory, few know of the harms that this industry produces which to me provides an interesting correlation.
Hope you get to see what I'm talking about, if not no worries. Best of luck in the school year and all of your future endeavors. Thanks for teaching me so much in high school on how to be a better writer, thinker, and overall student in the life-long pursuit of truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment