Friday, May 29, 2009

Intellectual Impression Management

A procrastination-inducing combination of indolence and desire for admiration are probably the greatest hindrances to my ability to truly learn. This article was a good reminder of the ramifications of pursuing those empty ends. And, it was fun to read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee. Ethan also wouldn't want me to admit that I followed about 3 words in this post when he read it to me. I never boasted about having a large vocabulary, but I'll give myself some credit that I follow along better when reading rather than listening. Hope to see this frequent of posts when you are in Korea!

Anna McClurg said...

that was indeed a good read, niki. thank you for sharing.

Larissa said...

Your first sentence is true of me, too, but I don't think I could've expressed it so clearly, or with such words... you must still be in school, m'dear.... but I am going to copy it down to reflect on, since I'm right there with you. And now, to the article...

Joel said...

Niki,

I'm so glad that you commented so that I can now follow your blog. However, the intellectual tone may leave me in the dust...